Monday, January 12, 2009

Welcome to Computers and English


It's a pleasure to meet all of you! It's exciting to teach and learn with computers.

One day you will finish coming to school at City College. When will you stop? Why will you stop? Will you get a job and work on a computer every day? Maybe you will graduate and go to a different school. You can study in a technical school, for a job as an auto mechanic, for example. You can study at a university so you can be a teacher, or an accountant.

I hope you will always want to learn more English. You can study English all your life. There are many new words to learn. There are many interesting things to read. Every language is interesting, and it takes a long time to understand a new language. You can be a student all your life.

When you study, you are very busy. Most students in our school work and study. It is difficult to have time for school. Learning English opens many doors for you. Please come to school often, and read and listen outside school, too.

We will be busy together in class. It helps us work together when we know each other. Answer some questions and introduce yourself to our class. You can make comments on this page. You can read about your classmates and write to each other.

1. What is your name?
2. What country are you from?
3. What was your job in your home country?
4. Where do you work now and what do you do?
5. Where is your family?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. What music do you enjoy?
8. What do you like about computers or technology?

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am from space.

Anonymous said...

my name is somjit I a From thailand

Anonymous said...

I am from China.I think living in San Francisco is really cool.The climate is nice,the people are friendly.So if you have a chance to go abroad don't hesitate to do that. It can be an unforgotten memory in you life!

Anonymous said...

My name is Lap.I`m from Vietnam.I worked mechanic.I work at 17th and mission St.I live with my family.
In my country,i have Father and brother.my favorite food are Vietnam and china cuisine.i like every music.
I`m leaning.

Anonymous said...

My name is Lap.I`m from Vietnam.I worked mechanic.I work at 17th and mission St.I live with my family.
In my country,i have Father and brother.my favorite food are Vietnam and china cuisine.i like every music.
I`m leaning.

Anonymous said...

My name is Dung Lam.I am from Vietnam.I study English almost 2years.Now my English is getting better before.I didn't know about computer when I lived in my country.English and computer are very interesting for my life.How about you?

Anonymous said...

My name is Sherry.I am from China.I was an Editor in China.I am a good cooking.I want to be a children teacher.

Anonymous said...

My name is Shui-Yuan, I am from China. I was a warehouse worker in China. I don't have a job right now, I come to school learn English everyday, and I am looking for a job too. I live in the U.S. With my family. My favorite food is Chinese food. I like to learn computer skill.

Anonymous said...

My name is Ayako Itazu. I'm from Japan.
I live been San Francisco in January 21,2008.I love here because very good weather and beautiful viewing.
I'm student now,and I want to get a great job in the future.I like Alemany.I've got a lot of classmates.I can speak English with my classmates. It's good practice for me!

Anonymous said...

My name is Qixia Dend. I am from China. I was a housewife in my country.I work at tea house now.I make sandwich.my family in San Francisco.My favorite food is bananas.I don`t like music.

Anonymous said...

My name is Jose and I am from Mexico City. I've studied at Alemany for 3 years and these years have been very helpful for me. I've learn a lot of English and right now I am learning how to use a computer. I love this campus and all the teachers here rock . I'll be studying here as long as I can.

Anonymous said...

My name is xuemei wu,I,m from china .I was an teacher .I.m in san Francisco.I

Anonymous said...

Me name is Isaac.
Im from Mexico City.
My Job has trainnig in Humans Resources.
Now work wich basboy or back bar in two diferentes restorantes
Me Family is her in Mexico.

Me favorite food is Mexican.
Enjoy the rock, pop, instrumental and tabernacula music.
I like the new technologys!

Anonymous said...

My name is Liping Huang,I'm from China, I was an engineer in China. But now I"m a student. My family lives in San Francisco. My favorite is Chinese food. I like to write programs and use Word or Excel.

Anonymous said...

*** Happy Hollidays!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm from Mexico and I like San Francisco my name is Manuel

Anonymous said...

My name is Minh, I am going to school to improve my English, to learn how to work with the computer.
People here and around the word now using computers,one of a new way of communication to reach each other,to know the news, to order, and buy things more convenient and faster than before. The computers are made modern time after time so it is hard to catch up with the way to use them now if I do not stick with them, and so why now I am here in computer class with more than a dozen classmates.

Anonymous said...

my name is khadija am from Morocco I have been in san francisco on 10/14/2008 I like san francicso

Anonymous said...

I am from Vietnam. My name is Jennifer.I've been in San Francisco
for 16 years over and over. I like climate is nice and the beautiful place to concern history, the people are friendly and honor. there are different of kind food. I like to eat all food. Some time I enjoy listening to American, Chinese,Vietnamese music.